Saturday, January 31, 2015

Gel Pen Sketch

8.5 x 11













One of the things that my husband loves to do is target shoot. He sets up a paper target really far away so you need binoculars to see the circles on it. I started out drawing the black gun that was my cousin's but then they decided to switch guns on me so I ended up revising the gun to my husband's with the bigger scope. It was more fun to draw anyway because it has wood grain design. Didn't have yellow gel pen so drew weeds in green. Very sparse snow this year.

A friend of mine gave me the gel pens so I thought I would try them out. They freeze too even though I kept them in my coat next to my body. It wasn't that cold out as it was almost 30F.

Still too dark and wet to get good photos. 

Basically I am working in 4 sketch book sizes:
pocket sketch book 3.5 x 5.5
5.5 x 8.5 for pencil sketches
8.5 x 11 for plein air sketches
14 x 17 for sketch club conte crayon sketches (missed last week due to family emergency)

No comments: