Friday, February 26, 2016

Sketches 2/19/16

Will be doing some catch up, was out of town on vacation with my cousin.

I brought along my 3x5 notebook, 3.5x5.5 and 11x8.5 sketchbooks. I also brought along my brush pens, watercolor pan, and a set of markers. I found I mainly used the smaller notebooks and a ball point pen. The watercolors were too much of a hassle to use, the brush pens exploded in their plastic bags in my luggage, and the marker were not light enough and didn't include the right turquoise color for the water. Maybe if I had gone on vacation with an artist I could have did the watercolor but it's too hard to do more than sketch when you're around non-artists. Next time, either bring lighter markers with turquoise color, and/or watercolor. No brush pens!

We explored Windley Key Fossil Reef Geological State Park. 5$? admission. I really liked the old equipment and the fossils in the quarry walls. There were some mosquitoes, so long pants and long sleeve shirt would be good. Didn't get a chance to draw there. Received one work related call there.
Ate at the SS Wreck Sportz Bar and Grill, Marathon. Good food. Excellent Key Lime Pie.

Decided to explore the keys so ended up driving down to Key West and walking the beaches to the Southern Most Point. Cousin had never been there. I like to be low key when drawing but my cousin teased me by loudly saying "Are you drawing that naked man laying on the wall?" I told her to shut up. He was wearing a bathing suit. I thought the angle was interesting. Received a work related phone call.
Short wait to get our picture taken at southern most point.
 Ate at 88 restaurant. Guy was playing guitar. quite a crowd of people. Good food. They have a small beach, $5 admission, with water sports available.




Coat rack put up with finishing nails straight into the drywall. Discovered that the hard way when I hung my coat up and rack fell off wall bending back my thumbnail. That hurt! I quick put it back up using the original finishing nails.



Started drawing one of the full closets. This one was in our kitchen/living room area and contained a apartment sized fridge and microwave that didn't work. The working microwave was on a low table outside the closet. We were very surprised to see that she kept her personal belongings in the 2 closets of the 1 bedroom/1 bath 2 room lower unit. Very roomy. Nice and clean. Easy to keep clean because of the readily available cleaning supplies.






Spent a little time everyday drawing the closet. This is as far as I got. So much stuff in the closet! The shelf is the eating area. Didn't get to draw in the garbage can and stools.









OK. I am going to spread out these posts. More to come.


No comments: