Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Wales Village Hall, in process oil pastel, 6x8, 7/17/15

John, Vivian, and I went to Wales, Wisconsin to plein air paint. Very scenic and the women in the village hall were very nice. They took our picture but I don't see it up on their website or facebook page.

The weather started out cloudy but then the clouds started to break up and the sun started showing up at times. So decided to put in the shadows. We had a nice breeze so it was pretty comfortable. However by the time we left the sun was out and it started getting hot. It reached over 90F and was very humid.


I stood up and when I sat down, all of sudden I saw the left edge of the window on the other side of the pillar so I put it in. I liked the reflections of a house in the window echoing the pointy top of the post. However you can't see the reflections in the photo.

We spent a lot of time talking before starting to work so didn't get as far as I would have like to.




 John is using a flow additive from Home Depot for Latex paint. He wants the acrylic paint to not drag so much. I found a similar additive at Menards but didn't buy it. I forgot the names.

Learned how to fix keystoning in photoshop elements. Quite a process, but it works good enough. See http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-fix-keystone-issues-in-photoshop-elements/




No comments: