Sunday, April 12, 2015

journaling experiments

9x12

11x14 
My friends had a journaling night at their studio. They are going to do another one April 15.

Journaling is quite freeform. You sort through a bunch of different collage material, pictures, old patterns, matchbox covers, postcards, yarn, buttons, etc. Whatever you feel like using. Then you glue it onto a paper (I used Behr Faux Glaze), usually in a sketchbook which you may have gessoed the page to keep it from curling too much. Then you go over it with whatever you want. I used woody pencils, acrylic paint, watercolor pencils, pens and pencils. I decided to start putting stuff into a box to use and instead of using a sketchbook I want to use pieces of gessoed cardboard 8x8 and 8x6. Then if I like any of them, I can hang them on the wall.

No comments: