Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Horn Feeds Mill, pastel 9x12 canson mis teints

I just realized that I missed posting this. Went painting with my buddies, John and Donna from Milwaukee Sketch Club http://milwaukeesketchclub.blogspot.com/2013/06/milwaukee-sketch-club-at-horn-feeds.html

It was a great day. I sat on the grass with my paper taped to my board. John and Donna sat in front of their easels. John a special vented umbrella to shade his paper but by the end of the morning, the wind had picked up so he had to put it down so it wouldn't tip over his easel. He mainly works in watercolor and Donna works in oils.

I didn't have the right shades of pastel greens for painting today. I was looking for more clean yellow green tones.

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with Vivian at the Elegant Farmer in Mukwonago. Hope the weather cooperates. It's quite chilly and wet even though it is June. Good grass growing weather.

Currently I am reading "Expressive Oil Painting; an Open Air-Approach to Creative Landscapes" by George Allen Durkee, isbn: 978-1-60061-151-3

6/6/13 Thursday morning plein air canceled due to rain. That's OK. Tonight I plan on reworking my Joan D'Arc painting at St. Johns.

No comments: