Friday, August 1, 2008

A quick charcoal sketch at Florida Keys Island


I'm on holiday right now on a Florida Keys Island with my sister and nieces. (Check out www.rentmyisland.com then click on Private Island Home in the the left menu bar if you'd like to check out where we're staying.) The water is so nice and there's a special quality to the light that you don't have up in Wisconsin. This island home is so cool. The kids have been in the water practically all day and me too but I thought I quick post this charcoal sketch. Trying to learn the medium and also capture the pattern the light and shade made on the tree trunks. I've taken some pictures with my cameras and I've lent my water proof olympus stylus 1030SW to the kids. They take really excellent pictures, closeups of the sealife and each other. I love that camera. Well, back to the water fun

No comments: