Sunday, January 31, 2016

9x12 acrylics November-December 2015

In November my husband was laid off from work so we drove to Florida and stayed at his sister's house in Florida.


Here's a picture of her house I painted after we got home. I like to start out with more abstract colors to try to get the proportions and values right without having to worry about semi-realistic colors.












Here's a picture of her neighbor's house




Here's some pictures I painted onsite while Jer took his sister for a bike ride on our tandem along the Gainesville-Hawthorne State Park Trail. I stood across the street on a lawn being careful not to stand in any ant hills. Temperature was pleasant as I wore a long sleeve shirt and a hat. Not too many visitors but everyone talked to me later. The first one was started with realistic colors but then I got frustrated and did a quick painting with abstract colors. Quite a challenge painting in the sun. Every so often a gust of wind would come by so the umbrella was only somewhat helpful. Probably should have weighted my easel down with a jug of water.


















I think the proportions are better on this one.

No comments: