Friday, October 12, 2012

Some Florida Keys Sketches

I got the great opportunity to go down to the Keys for a week so I went. I only brought pens, markers, watercolors and a white oil pastel to work with in small sketch books as I knew painting time would be limited. Here's a few sketches. I'm on a notebook computer that only has windows live photo gallery and I can't figure out how to edit the images to get rid of the keystone in that program. Also I can't figure out to make the image file size smaller than about 200kbs.

I won prisma color brush tip markers when Nora from Artist and Display came to the AC Art Association to show us new artist products. I really like these markers, you can blend them with white oil pastel to lighten or put them over the white oil pastel and smear to blend. The colors I have are kind of dark. Asked my sister for her green shade yellow highlighter to get the yellow green shade. These prisma markers work better than sharpies which bleed through the paper. Also experimenting with bright gel pens and colored zentangles version. I decided to do some sketching with ball point pen and I really love drawing fossilized coral. It has such interesting nooks and crannies. I wanted to create a slideshow using google but for some reason the google screen looks different and I can't figure out how to make the album public in order to share as a slide show. Why does google look different from my old apple computer on this pc? I figured I'd better post now as I probably won't have time when I get back. Tired. Going to bed now.




















No comments: