Sunday, April 1, 2012

Yasutomo Pearlescent Watercolors


My cousin told me about pearlescent water colors in a pan so I looked all over until I found this pan of 16 from Michaels. Then I played around with them in my 8 x 5.5 Strathmore mixed media - vellum finish, visual journal.

The colors don't appear to be staining. Could lift them easily. The strathmore paper let me scrub and lift without apparent distress to the paper. However, the page did wrinkle/curl as I like to let the paint react with water rather than painting precisely, so if I decide to take pages of the journal will have to try maybe ironing them to flatten them.

I painted these pictures from my imagination/ memory. I like how the finished painting sparkles which doesn't show up when I scan the pictures. It was hard getting things dark enough.

No comments: